- Teachers’ Workshops for Foundation Courses: CPDHE Report -
The University of Delhi is conducting workshops/ orientation for eleven Foundation Courses which are compulsory in the Four Year Undergraduate Programme. The curriculum focuses on learning through hands-on experience and presentations. CPDHE will organize workshops for college teachers in four cycles for each FC in which around 1500 participants will receive training in batches of approximately 30. At present the focus is on the semester courses.... read more
- Orientation course for foundation course in Punjabi - (June 17, 2013 - June 19, 2013)
(Venue: Room No. 101, Departmental Seminar Hall, Department of Punjabi, Arts Faculty Extn. Building)
- Building Mathematical Ability
- Cycle II (June 12, 2013 - June 14, 2013)
- Cycle III (June 17, 2013 - June 19, 2013)
- Cycle IV (June 24, 2013 - June 26, 2013)
- Information Technology
- Cycle IV (June 12, 2013 - June 14, 2013)
- Language, Literature and Creativity-II (English)
- Cycle III (June 10, 2013 - June 12, 2013)
- Cycle IV (June 17, 2013 - June 19, 2013)
- Indian History and Culture (June 5, 2013 - June 7, 2013)
- Information Technology (June 4, 2013 - June 6, 2013)
- Language, Literature and Creativity-II (English) - (June 3, 2013 - June 5, 2013)
- Detailed Schedule (May 20, 2013 - June 1, 2013)
- IT Orientation Workshop (May 23, 2013 - May 25, 2013)
- Building Mathematical Ability (May 20, 2013 - May 22, 2013)
- Language, Literature and Creativity-II (English) (May 20, 2013 - May 23, 2013)
The Orientation programme for teachers of the Foundation Courses started on 20 May, 2013 with a group each for "Building Mathematical Ability" and "Language, Literature and Creativity-II (English)".
Representing 33 colleges, 37 teachers from Maths departments had a lively session with Vice Chancellor, Prof. Dinesh Singh explaining the philosophy of the course and offering examples of data analysis, probability, and algorithms as seen in everyday life. Dr. Sanjeev Singh, Network in-charge, introduced the group to classroom uses of technology. Dr. Shobha Bagai, mathematician and a Fellow at CIC, is the course coordinator. The programme is being conducted at a well appointed computer lab in the Cluster Innovation Centre.
The English Department organised its course with 30 teachers from as many colleges, and asked its core team members to function as resource persons. Emphasising the participative learning expected in the Foundation course, the group shared „tasks‟based on the reading material that had been specially prepared. Prof. Sumanyu Satpathy, Head, Dept of English, Prof. Malashri Lal, Dean Academics, Dr. Vijaylakshmi, Director CPDHE and Dr. Sukrita Paul Kumar, Fellow CIC led the discussions along with others.
All Foundation Courses have announced their schedules for 3 day Orientation programmes, and received a large number of applications from college teachers.